2018 MacKissic SC800
The SC800 shredder-chipper is the smallest hammermill style shredder-chipper offered by MacKissic. However, do not let the size fool you; the SC800 will shred, mulch, and pulverize leaves and other yard debris. It will chip branches and small saplings up to 2-7/8 inches thick. The SC800 is as powerful as your needs.
This hammermill shredder-chipper is fit with a centrifugal clutch, which allows for easy no load starting on the operator and machine. Unlike direct drive machines, the centrifugal clutch allows the the engine to disengage when stressed under a heavy load. This allows the engine to gain RPMs faster and more efficiently pulverize the material.
The shredder-chipper is small enough to fit in the garage taking up only two square feet of room.
The SC800 features a discharge adjustment allowing the user to focus where the pile of processed material goes. There are different screens available for different material and different reduction sizes.
- Engine: B&S 8.0 Gross Torque OHV
- Engine CC's: 206cc
- Knife Speed (mph): 104
- Chipping Capacity: 2-7/8 in.
- Chipping Hits/Minute: 2769
- Chipper Hopper Opening: 5-1/2 in.
- Chipper Hopper Throat (wxh): 2-3/4 in. x 4-1/4 in.
- Shredder Capacity: 3/4 in.
- Shredder Hits/Minute: 44,304
- Shredder Hopper Opening: 17-1/2 in. x 12-1/2 in.
- Shredder Hopper Throat: 6-1/2 in. x 4-1/2 in.
- Rotor Weight (lbs.): 24 lb.
- Hammers: 16
- Start: Manual
- Transport: Hand
- Weight (lbs.): 152 lb.
- Storage Space (L x Wheelbase x H): 38 in. x 30 in. x 43 in.
- Machine Warranty: 2 yrs. consumer, 90 day commercial
- Engine Warranty: 2 yrs. consumer, 90 day commercial
- Engine Manufacturer
- Briggs & Stratton
- Engine Type
- B&S 8.0 Gross Torque OHV
- Chipping Capacity
- 2-7/8 in.