2019 STIHL MSA 140 C-BQ
Call for Price
An affordable battery-powered chainsaw delivering excellent cutting performance for tree maintenance in large suburban yards.
With the AK 30 battery, this chainsaw delivers excellent cutting performance for up to 45 minutes on a single charge and is ideal for limb removal and storm cleanup. This chainsaw is a good option for suburban homeowners who perform yard work in noise-sensitive areas. It is compact and lightweight at 8.6 lbs. with the bar and chain and AK 30 battery, and 5.7 lbs. without battery, making this chainsaw easy to use and maneuver. The MSA 140 C-BQ also features the exclusive 1/4" STIHL PICCO™ saw chain which assures clean, smooth cuts, and has a high-torque brushless motor delivering ideal speed and durability for a virtually maintenance-free service life.
The actual listed guide bar length can vary from the effective cutting length based on which powerhead it is installed on. Run time may vary based on battery type, charge level and capacity, model, operating style and conditions. Batteries and chargers can be purchased separately or as a combined set with tool.
- Lightweight Portability: Great for maneuverability and extended use.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- STIHL Quickstop® Plus (Q) - an additional chain braking feature: STIHL offers an additional, manually-activated chain brake on some models. This system is designed to engage when the operator's right hand completely releases the rear handle, stopping the chain within one second. Available on some models.
- STIHL Quickstop®: STIHL chainsaws are equipped with a chain stopping system designed to reduce the risk of injury in certain kickback situations. It is called a STIHL Quickstop® chain brake. The STIHL Quickstop® chain brake is designed to stop the rotation of the chain if activated by the operator's hand or by inertia if the saw kicks back with sufficient force. In some working positions, the STIHL Quickstop® chain brake can be activated by inertia, stopping the chain within fractions of a second.
- Ematic™ Lubrication System: The Ematic™ guide bar, when used with STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain, will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- STIHL Electric Brushless Motor: Lightweight and compact, STIHL electric motors require minimal maintenance and feature low noise levels and reduced vibration.
- Quick Chain Adjuster (QCA) (B): The Quick Chain Adjuster (QCA) (B) allows the user to adjust the tension of the chain without the use of tools. This allows for easy chain adjustment.
- Rubberized Soft Touch Handle: Soft rubber texture is both easy to grip and makes the product comfortable to hold for extended periods.
- Guide Bar Length: 30 cm (12") STIHL ROLLOMATIC® E
- Chain Oil Capacity: 210 cc (7.4 oz)
- Oilomatic® Chain: 1/4" STIHL PICCO™
- Power Source: Battery
- Run Time (w/ AK 30): Up to 45 minutes (Only works with AK 30)
- Powerhead Weight (w/ Recommended Battery): w/ AK 30 3.8 kg (8.4 lb.)
- Battery Series: AK Series
- 8.4 lb. (3.8 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 12 in. (30 cm)